We're excited to share our developer testnet. Enigma offloads computation tasks from Ethereum, and enables end-to-end data privacy. This release brings a few key features that are important to application developers:
- secret state: functioning as an encrypted database, storing information off-chain and persisting across multiple computations. In this release, storage and networking are separate from Ethereum (we've been building on a custom fork of libp2p) which brings scaling benefits to both secret contracts and smart contracts.
- ethereum integration (a secret contract can make a function call to any ethereum contract)
- encrypted/ private outputs
This developer testnet also features
- a brand new CLI making it dead simple to get started
- some lovely walkthroughs and tutorials for Rust, Secret Contracts, and building a front-end.
- a growing documentation site