My current multisig setup is a 2-of-3 that involves:
- 3 types of hardware wallets
- A physical backup of each HW's seed
- All 3 seeds have a BIP 39 passphrase
- I store the HWs and their physical seed backup in 3 different remote locations
- I use my own ElectrumX server to check my funds and txs
Thing is, the HWs I use will probably fail before the physical seed backups due to how I store them. Also, I'm not very confident in those HW companies being around in a few years. Finally, I find my current setup redundant, since I store the HWs with their seed.
That's why I plan to sweep my funds to another similar 2-of-3 setup, minus the hardware wallets, using an air-gapped machine to generate the 3 private keys. Am I being dumb here?