Callisto Project is coming up on March 5 2018
- It is not a hard fork, it's an airdrop. The difference is there won't be a shared history.
- Both chains will continue to exist.
- Those holding ETC at block 5.5 million (around March 5 2018) will receive an equivalent amount of CLO.
- If you want your CLO the safest bet is storing your ETC in a wallet that is not on exchanges. Mobile wallets (ex. Jaxx) are also unknown.
- If you want your Exchange/Wallet to give you your CLO then you'll need to ask them.
- CEW will support CLO as it's made by Dexaran.
- CLO will serve as a sort of testnet for ETC, but with monetary value. It will have changes made to it that the ETC community considers risky. If these changes prove valuable/reliable then they may be added to ETC. Imagine the relationship between BTC and LTC.
Additional info at these links: https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/7pp7dp/ethereum_commonwealth_development_update_11_jan
Edit: Also to clarify. Dexaran is the leader of Ethereum Commonwealth; one of the 3 ETC development teams. I've provided this information and stickied this post solely to answer some common questions and keep an orderly discussion. This subreddit is principally an Ethereum Classic subreddit.
If you have questions about Callisto please post them here only.