Yesterday, I was interested in calculating how many Moons are owned by accounts that are suspended (i.e. reddit-wide suspended, not necessarily banned by r/cryptocurrency) or deleted. As I already maintain a website that shows Moon balances for 181,423 Redditors, all I had to do was scrape all user profiles for their current status. I did this and found the following:
- 7,696 deleted accounts hold Moons (4.2% of all Redditor vaults w/ Moons)
- 6,185 suspended accounts hold Moons (3.4% of all Redditor vaults w/ Moons)
- Deleted accounts hold ~950K Moons (0.85% of the circulating supply)
- Suspended accounts hold ~2.1M Moons (1.9% of the circulating supply)
These Moons aren't necessarily "lost", all these users can access their Moons if they stored their vault private key. Make sure to back up yours too!
However, if they didn't save their key, these Moons are likely unable to be accessed and effectively burned. F
Some other interesting notes:
- The largest suspended account has ~80K moons, and the largest deleted account has ~28k.
- Many of the top suspended users were found to have abused r/cryptocurrency rules and were banned (example)
- From spot-checking, a few of the larger accounts were active in the early days of moons and received most of their Moons due to a high ratio.
You can get bonuses upto $100 FREE BONUS when you:
💰 Install these recommended apps:
💲 SocialGood - 100% Crypto Back on Everyday Shopping
💲 Maiar - DeFi For The Next Billion
💲 CryptoTab Browser - Lightweight, fast, and ready to mine!
💰 Register on these recommended exchanges:
🟡 Binance🟡 Bitfinex🟡 Bitmart🟡 Bittrex🟡 Bitget
🟡 CoinEx🟡 Crypto.com🟡 Gate.io🟡 Huobi🟡 Kucoin.