This post just wants to create a place to gather some tips and tricks to be safe both on the Internet and to protect our precious cryptocurrencies.
These are some of the tips and tricks I can contribute. Feel free to provide more tips and tricks in the comments.
???? General tips ????
- Bookmark the official web pages once we have made sure that they are the correct ones. You can always check if it is secure looking at the looking at the padlock next to the link.
- It is okay on clicking malicious links but you must be careful on linking apps, downloading and opening malicious files, etc. To avoid this, just avoid clicking malicious links but it is not the end of the world if you do it.
- Use specific emails for crypto stuff. I personally recommend ProtonMail which is fully encrypted and also has a great free VPN.
- Be cautious of clicking on links or downloading attachments from unknown or suspicious sources.
- Keep your operating system, browser, and other software up to date with the latest security patches and updates.
- Use software like Malwarebytes and SuperAntySpyware to check your computer health.
- Nobody gives anything for free so be careful.
- Use app based 2FA if possible, and if not 2FA SMS, but always use 2FA.
- Use Password Managers to secure your passwords and even generate new ones. I use Bitwarden and never had a problem.
- Use privacy browsers like Brave where you can even get extra crypto.
- Use a VPN when connecting to the internet on public Wi-Fi to encrypt your data and protect it from prying eyes.
- Be vigilant and pay attention to any unusual activity on your accounts.
- Be cautious when sharing personal or financial information online, and be mindful of your online privacy settings.
???? Crypto tips ????
- Disable wallet extensions from being able to read/write in every websites. To disable it you have to open extension management and change "access to the website" option in each extension to the option it fits you better.
- Use Virtual Machines or physical devices that will only be used for crypto stuff so they are somehow isolated.
- Always check the full crypto address to ensure that it is correct and you are not infected.
- When you create a wallet, write down your seed phrase, delete the app and reload it to ensure you have written it correctly and familiarize with the process.
- Buy a cold wallet and try not to make it "public" linking it to places. Always use Hot wallets for stuff, as if they were of several uses.
- Keep your private keys safe and secure.
You can get bonuses upto $100 FREE BONUS when you:
💰 Install these recommended apps:
💲 SocialGood - 100% Crypto Back on Everyday Shopping
💲 Maiar - DeFi For The Next Billion
💲 CryptoTab Browser - Lightweight, fast, and ready to mine!
💰 Register on these recommended exchanges:
🟡 Binance🟡 Bitfinex🟡 Bitmart🟡 Bittrex🟡 Bitget
🟡 CoinEx🟡 Crypto.com🟡 Gate.io🟡 Huobi🟡 Kucoin.